Marvell Technology has announced their mobile processor, ARMADA 628 which is the first in the world with a speed of
1.5 GHz and the Tri-Core. It delivers dual stream 1080p 3D video and 3D graphics performance.
It incorporates a number of advanced processing and power management features. The tri-core design integrates two high performance symmetric multiprocessing cores and a third core optimized for ultra low-power. The third core is designed to support routine user tasks and acts as a system management processor to monitor and dynamically scale power and performance. The tri-core architecture provides superior performance and lower power over dual-core designs while maintaining industry compatibility and leadership — ensuring a richer, faster and smoother experience than any other ARM-based processor available today.
- World's first "tri-core" application processor
- Up to 1.5 GHz for the two main cores and 624 MHz for the third low power core
- "Heterogeneous multiprocessing" with "hardware-based Cache Coherence"
- 1 MB System Level 2 Cache
- Platform leading multimedia capabilities, including support for both WMMX2 and NEON acceleration; and a highly optimized pipelined VFPv3 floating point engine
- Member of the ARMADA family of processors for easy software porting
- 1080p dual stream 3D video applications (30 FPS, multi-format)
- Ultimate 3D graphics performance with quad unified shaders for 200 million triangles per second (MT/s)
- High performance, integrated image signal processor (ISP)
- Ability to project images on multiple simultaneous displays
- 2 LCDs
- 1 HDMI
- 1 advanced EPD controller
- Peripherals support: USB 3.0 Superspeed Client, MIPI CSI, MIPI DSI, HDMI with integrated PHY, UniPro, Slimbus, SPMI