"How Facebook is taking over our lives
President Obama used it to get elected. Dell will recruit new hires with it. Microsoft's new operating system borrows from it. No question, Facebook has friends in high places. Can CEO Mark Zuckerberg make those connections pay off?"
Some up to date stats from the article:
- Members: 175 million
- Estimated 2008 revenues just $280 million
- Average user spends 169 minutes per month on Facebook, Google 13 minutes
- More than 70% of Facebook users are outside the U.S
- Fastest growing demographic on the site: Women 55 and older, up 175% since September 2008
1. The average Facebook user spends about twenty-one minutes plus per day at the online social network.
2. The average Facebook user visits four times per day.
3. Facebook is adding about three hundred and fifty thousand new users every day.
4. Just this morning Facebook surpassed fifty million worldwide community members.
5. Facebook's size doubles every six months.
Anything jump out at you? For me the startling fact is the the average user spends over 3 hours per month on the site. The other is the astounding growth on the female over 55 group in less than 6 months. Our company has been more focused on other Social Media sites, but personally, my Facebook usage has been growing as of late. Is your company using Facebook?